As we always say, always give your dog healthy food, try always to make your dog homemade meals that contain healthy ingredients with vitamins and protein…
Our recipe luckily contains both chicken and organ meat which are rich in benefits and really healthy for your furry friend.
What makes this recipe more perfect is that you can add specific vegetables on it and they will work well: cauliflower, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash.
These veggies are safe for your dog, they aren’t overly starchy but are full of antioxidants.
So, there is nothing to worry about, All of our dog food and treat recipes are trustworthy we are careful to present the perfect recipes that your dog can benefit from, they are all made without: additives, coloring, by-products, fillers, sweeteners, sodium, or any different unhealthy ingredients.
You should always keep in mind that you need always to consult your vet before doing any change on your dog’s regular diet. One more thing, be always careful about any allergies your dog may possibly have towards specific ingredients.
In addition, please try to stay away from ingredients that have caused reactions to your dog in the past.
So, in case If you have even a small doubt about any ingredient that exists in the recipes, then you have to serve just a tiny amount of that food to your dog first.
Make-Ahead Doggie Stew Recipe
- 3 pounds (boneless and skinless) chicken
thighs, or about 10-12 thighs
- 1/4 cup chicken livers
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 apple, core and seeds removed and discarded
(cut into 4 pieces)
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Slow cooker process: Add all ingredients, except peas, parsley, and olive oil, to the slow cooker. Then, use just enough water to cover ingredients, and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high 4 to 5 hours. About 15 minutes before turning off the slow cooker, add pea and parsley.
- Stovetop method: Add all ingredients, except peas, parsley, and olive oil, in a large pot. Use enough water to cover ingredients. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook on low 1 hour or until carrots are soft and chicken cook through. About 15 minutes before turning off, add peas and parsley.
- Let the ingredients rest softly, then use a slotted spoon, add ingredients, and olive oil to a blending bowl and either, smash it with a fork, potato masher, or use a food processor, relying on the combination you desire. Let it rest totally before separating into freezer-safe ziplock bags or Punnets.
- MAKE-AHEAD: The dog food blend can be divided up and saved in singular freezer-safe ziplock bags. But, you have to take out the Frozen baggies so as to defrost in the fridge before a night. And concerning the way of serving it really depends on the size and the breed of your dog, so in this case, we suggest to consult your vet about how much you can give your dog in the daily basis