HOMEMADE DOG BISCUITS
Treat your furry friend with homemade dog biscuits! Your fur-baby will love these treats made with peanut butter, flaxseed, whole wheat and beef broth!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 19 minutes
Servings 12 biscuits
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup flaxseed see notes
- 1/2 to 1 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, oats and flaxseed. Mix in 1/2 cup beef broth and peanut butter. Mix well, adding additional beef broth if necessary to bring the mixture together to a thick dough. Form into a ball and turn out on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut out to desired shape.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown, flipping halfway.
- Cool completely, then keep in an airtight container for about one week.
Note on flaxseeds: Since publishing this recipe, I have learned that the omega-3 fatty acids in the flaxseeds are better absorbed when ground first. While you can leave the flaxseed whole, the health benefits are much better when you take the time to grind the seeds!
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 3g | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1.2mg
LIKE IT, SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
images source kitchenconfidante.com